Thursday, July 19, 2012

Run 72 Remotivated

According to my marathon training schedule, I was supposed to run both Monday and Tuesday, but I couldn't get motivated to head out and hit the street.  I must have slept funny Sunday night and my hip hurt most of Monday and Tuesday, I don't think it was running related.  Wednesday rolled around and my hip was just fine, but I was lacking motivation.  I sort of forced myself to get out there.  I wanted to do a quick and easy run near my house to save time.  I ended up running Riverside Park.  The interesting fact about this run is that, when I ran this same route back in August of last year, the idea and concept for this blog was born.  I have not run it since, or "officially" for the blog.  It truly is a fabulous run and doing it re-motivated me.  I was excited to be running.  I know 2 days off isn't that big of a deal, but I was in a bit of a slump and this route fixed that.   This route combines everything I love about this adventure and life.  On your right side you see NYC, buildings, traffic, taxis, people, skyscrapers, etc.  On you left side you see the river, reflections, piers, boats, etc.  I have always been drawn to water, growing up on Lake Powell, living in SF, Seattle and Hawaii on the ocean.  Seeing a body of water, grounds me.  The path you are on is through a park, where you see, trees, cafes, dogs, squirrels, recreation.  What a great run.  

Time: Midnight
Distance: 6.02 Miles
Time: 44:43 minutes
Music: Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment