Saturday, July 7, 2012

Run 66

I had planned today to be a very productive day, but some how the entire day slipped away from me.  I had been lazy all day, and come 8 pm I was now upset that I had wasted so much time.  I decided if nothing else, at least I can get a run in.  Once I got moving I was able to catch the end of the sunset and listened to my favorite musical as a ran.  Rather quickly my attitude had been adjusted and I was no longer feeling down.  Exercise, seeing NYC, and good music may not add up to the productive day I had hoped for, but at least I was able to end it on a good note. 
My GPS hasn't been working the past few times I've been out, but after tonight's run, I called tech support and got it fixed.  The majority of Manhattan is relatively flat.  Today's run was the opposite, I was running up and down the same steep hill.  
Saturday Night in Harlem is like a huge block party.  Usually at this time I'm working or at a Broadway show.  It was fun to see things from a different angle.  Like I mentioned before, people had their lawn chairs out on the sidewalk and were chatting the night away.  Some had food and snacks for the entire group.  I ran past a baseball game in the streets, just like my family plays wiffle ball in the yard.  I ran right through a sidewalk basketball game.  And as you know from the previous post, I smiled and chuckled each time I ran past another active fire hydrant.  At 9 pm the kids were still splashing around.


Time: 9 pm
Distance: 4.58 miles
Time: 39:52
Music: Passion

No comments:

Post a Comment