Thursday, July 12, 2012

Run 70

Today's goal was speed.  As part of my marathon training program I have different types of work outs, long runs for distance, hill runs for endurance, easy runs, runs at target pace, etc.  Today I did a 6 mile speed run.  So the goal was just to run fast.  To be honest I was concentrating pretty hard on running fast, so I didn't notice that much about my route or anything else.  I guess the only things I noticed and can share with you were my obstacles.  Running in the streets of NYC is not always the easiest route, especially durning rush hour.  I almost tripped on a pot hole.  I had to stop for red lights.  I was passing traffic, and sharing the bus lane. I was zig-zagging through people. Running around pedi-cabs.  Stopped once for an ambulance. One of my biggest pet peeves, is a group of people walking side by side, taking up the entire sidewalk.  My keys jingle in my pocket as a run, so that usually warns people someone is behind them.  But some times my pace startles people.  I pass them from behind and they get scared, like I'm about to mug them.  Or I almost collide with oblivious people, with tunnel vision.  It's sort of like this:   


Time: 4pm
Distance: 6.01 miles
Time: 43:49 minutes (7'17"/mile pace)
Muisc: Darren Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment