Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Run 68 Scary Run


Imagine the opening scene to any NYC horror film, or any episode of CSI or Law and Order, combine them all and you get the far west end of 155th street, where I started my run tonight.  All with in one block, there was a cemetery, an empty NYC street, railroad tracks, a bridge, a tunnel, a street that dead ends at a large garage door, graffiti, voices in the distance, stray animals, cars doing u-turns, a view of the river, all set perfectly to an Alanis Morissette soundtrack.  Contrary to common belief, NYC is mostly a safe place to be.  I am rarely intimidated to go anywhere at any time, but I'll have to admit that this scene spooked me out a little.  I had planned on getting to the beginning of my route and stretching out.  I ended up stretching as little and quickly as possible and then jetted out of there.  After this one block, I was back in civilization, there were people around, playing dominos on their porch, a.k.a. a NYC sidewalk.  Once I saw my first fire hydrant sprinkler, a smile was back on my face and the creepy begin was almost forgotten.  I did run by an old boarded up abandoned building that reminded me of my starting point.  I also got startled once by my own shadow, but for the most part the rest of the run was lined with pink flamingos.




Time: Midnight
Distance: 7.01 miles
Time: 1:01:14
Music: Alanis Morissette

No comments:

Post a Comment