Saturday, July 14, 2012

Central Park Conservancy Run July 14, 2012

Today I got up early and  ran a 4 mile race in Central Park.  I've been doing well lately, so I set a goal to try and beat my current NYRR race pace of 6:41/mile.  The race started and my attention kept being pulled by watching people run, different styles, weird postures, loud steps, heavy breath.  I guess I was, luckily,  just born with good technique, because everything seems to be in line and smooth, unlike others I was watching.  I psych me out for a bit, so I tried to ignore everyone else.  I ran fast the first two miles, according to Nike+ I was at a 6:30/mile pace.  But then, for no real reason I really struggled throughout mile 3.  I finished fairly strong.  At the end Nike+ said I had run a 6:39/mile pace, but for some reason I knew I needed to wait for the official results to get excited.  Unfortunately, the official results were 6:45/mile pace.  oh, well..  Next time!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment