Thursday, August 16, 2012

Run 84 The elusive Cloisters

I moved to NYC 3 years ago.  Shortly after I moved here I read or heard about The Cloisters Museum and Garden.  I put it on my to-do list.  I thought about going every now and then, but it was far away, way up town, hard to get too, and a whole slew of other excuses. So here I am 3 years later and I still have never been, with an unchecked off item on my to-do list for 3 years, pretty embarrassing.  Today I finally made it happen.  I ran through the Cloister gardens and they were just as beautiful as expected.  I will now have to say that it might be my favorite park in NYC.  I initially planned to just run the loop road through the park, but it was gorgeous that I did a second loop on some of the pathways through the garden.  There was an overwhelming scent of blooming flowers, people walking their dogs, picnicking, tanning, napping, reading books, biking, jogging and taking in the panoramic views.  If you live in NYC and have NOT been here yet (like me), do what ever you can to visit soon. 




Time: 3 pm
Distance: 7.06 miles
Time: 1:01:24
Music: Miranda Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment