Sunday, August 12, 2012

Run 82

Another long run today.  This one was rough.  16 miles.  I was running with a group, but the group was not sticking together well and everyone was taking different routes.  It felt like I was running alone.   I run alone most of the time, so it should not have effected me as much as it did.  I guess I just got beat mentally today.  Running is very mental, it is very easy to talk your self out of having a good run.  Some times there are no real reasons to stop or slow down, but mentally you make things up.  That's where having a running buddy can come in handy.  When you want to stop or slow down they can keep you moving and vice versa.  I had a horrible time.  Didn't enjoy the run. Didn't feel good about it. But at least I finished it.  I did the milage, that part felt good. Oh, I was happy to cross both the Williamsburg and Manhattan bridges, which I had never done before.   

Time: 9 am
Distance: 16 miles
Time: 2:17:10
Music: Shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment