Sunday, August 19, 2012

Long Training Run #2

Today was not only my birthday, but the second time I've done a 20 mile run.  Last time it went well and I was surprised at how well I was able to keep the 8 min/mile pace, so this time I wanted to try and push myself and took off with the 7:30 min/mile pace group.  It was definitely harder than last time, but I was able to keep up.  I was in the back half of the pack, each lap we regrouped and started over.  I started to fall behind durning the 3rd lap and I lost sight of the group on the 4th lap.  I ended the day with a 7:35 min/mile pace.  The best part was that my body wasn't as taxed as the time before.  I felt pretty good the next day.  Bring it on, marathon! 

Time: 7am
Distance: 20 miles
Time: 2:27:11
Music: Shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment