Monday, August 27, 2012

Maine

It's hard to run the streets of NYC when you are out of town.  I went on an incredible trip to Maine.  It was filled with white water rafting and hiking.  We were up early and stayed up late.  The days were busy and packed full of activities, but since the marathon is just around the corner I tried my hardest to stick to my training schedule.  In between bobbing down the Penobscot river and hanging for my life from Mt Katahdin. I was able to get in 2 good workouts.  Running through Baxter State Park was a treat.  Instead of looking out for taxis and busses, I was on the look out for moose.  I was pretty tired from the day's activities, so my pace was nothing to brag about, but I at least I got some miles logged. 
Rafting was a rush.  We were going down class 5 rapids.  My raft completely flipped over on our first rapid.  After that we were pros and nothing phased us.  We were the rowdy daredevil raft and the other rafts just glared at us with a mixture of annoyance and jealousy on their faces.   The hike was no walk in the park either.  It was 10 strenuous miles, including a section called the knife's edge, which was a narrow ridge straight down on both sides.  It was breathtakingly beautiful.  Over all a fantastic trip full of great memories.



  


Time: 7:30 pm
Distance: 8.1 Miles
Time: 1:04:05
Music: Sunday in the Park

Time: 5pm
Distance: 11 miles
Time: 1:34:53
Music: Natasha Bedingfield, Kimberly Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment