Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bronx 10 mile

Today was the Bronx 10 mile race.  I was up late the night before for a friend's anniversary celebration.  I had not been running as much as my training schedule says to.  I had to get up way earlier than I like to.  I had to go to the bathroom right as it was time to start the race.  But in spite of all these things, the race started and things started to improve.  It was a beautiful day to run, the weather was a perfect 68 degrees.  I started running and felt really good.  I plowed through that course.  I kept a very consistent (and fast) pace.  I felt great as the miles rolled on, so I kept it up.  I'm part of a running group called NY Front Runners.  There are some great runners in the group. As I neared the end of the race I could see some of the group up a head of me.  My goal was to pass as many front runners as I could.  I turned on the jet propellers and passed 2 or 3 of them.  It ended up being one of my best races ever, especially at a longer length.  I finished in 1 hour 9 minutes and 08 seconds.  Which is a 6:55 mile/mile pace.  I was 250th out of 5,719.  After all was said and done, the NYFR's weekly gram came out and I placed 4th on our team (they only report the top 5).  
While I was waiting for the race to start, there were amazing cloud formations in the sky.  I couldn't help but smile and take a picture.  


  

Time: 8 am
Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:09:08
Music: shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment