Monday, November 28, 2011

Run 30 & 31

I was able to squeeze another run in with Steven before he headed back to DC.  I had to get to work and he had to catch his bus, so time was a bit limited but we ran 58th and 59th streets.  That now ends my obstacle free river to river runs.  If you look at my map, from 60th-110th street I have a this little thing in the way called Central park.  Down south I'm still dealing with street names and streets running in any direction they want, forget the east/west orientation, lol. I'm just happy that the weather has been beautiful and so far NYC winter has not stopped me from hitting the road.


Time: 1:30 pm
Distance: 4.72 miles
Time: 46:38 minutes
Music: Chatting with Steven


Today I needed to take the subway up town.  Instead of wasting being up there I decided to to an uptown run.  So far I've mainly be running the streets in order working away both directions from my house, with just a few exceptions.  I'm not married to the idea, just some sort of order seems to make sense to make sure I cover every square inch.  I was up on 96th Street and ran south, between the Hudson River and Central Park, covering 96th-91st streets.  This area was mainly residential. I struggled a bit today.  It was my third day in a row running.  I didn't have Steven to motivate me.  It was just after a holiday.  I was able to force myself to do 4 miles.  Running uptown was a little less exciting than my other recent runs.  But before I make too harsh a judgment I want to give it another try.  So for now I'll bite my tongue. :P      


Time: 1 pm
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:46 minutes
Music: Chess

No comments:

Post a Comment