Sunday, November 6, 2011

Run 24 & 25

Well, it's a good thing I'm flexible.  I started a run yesterday and right after I started I got a text message that I needed to be back home asap.  So instead of continuing on my planned route I took a a b-line up 8th ave back home.  I hadn't run enough to consider it a run at the point I got the text, and I knew I could probably run home just as fast as waiting for the subway.  So I did my first jog on an avenue instead of a street.  There was more traffic, but that meant the lights were in my favor, more often.  I got home quickly and still was able to complete 4.5 miles and cover new territory.


Time: noon
Distance: 4.53 miles
Time: 39:55 minutes
Music: Sugarland


NYC is beautiful right now.  We got scared that we were going to skip fall and head straight into winter.  But days like today (and yesterday)  give me hope we still have some decent days to come.  The air is brisk but not freezing.  The leaves are changing colors and the sun is low in the sky creating harsh sunlight and long drawn out shadows.  It really is unique and different if you take the time to stop and notice.


Time 3:30pm
Distance: 6.09 miles
Time: 55:43 minutes
Music: Next to Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment