Monday, November 21, 2011

Run 27

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, every where I go.


I was running out of time today, so I ran closer to home. I ran 52nd-55th streets. I'd been busy and out of town and it's been to long since I've run. I probably should have done a shorter run, to get me back into the swing of things, but at the same time I wanted to make up for lost time and run far. I ended up running over 8 miles. My hip socket hurt the next day. It's about a week before Thanksgiving and everywhere I looked I could see Christmas decorations being put up or already up. The store windows have Christmas displays, the trees and buildings have lights, The Rockefeller Center tree is being assembled, It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. NYC is a quite magical around Christmas. It is going to be a nice time of year. But I'm not gonna jump full into the season until after turkey day.


I found an article written last year about how St. Patrick's Cathedral prepares for Christmas:



(Click for Article) Photo: Ozier Muhammad/The New York Times




Time: 2:00 pm
Distance: 8.16 miles
Time: 1:06:37
Music: Alanis Morissette

No comments:

Post a Comment