Friday, November 25, 2011

Run 28 & 29

It's cold and dark out side and I'm very tempted to stay in bed, snuggled tightly underneath my covers.  It's hard to get motivated to bundle up and go running, but once I'm out there I'm very glad and excited.  I love the way the winter light hits NYC.  I'm seeing things in a way I haven't before.  It's motivating and makes me want to see and do even more.  Today I ran east on Houston street and then back west on Prince street. Prince Street in SoHo was downright magical.  Cobble stone streets, great independent shops, endless restaurants to try, cute apartment buildings, and such a great vibe and energy.  I'm thinking next time I need to move this my be one of the places I look for an apartment.   


Time: 1 pm
Distance: 4.23 Miles
Time: 38:06
Music: Alanis Morissette


Today was my first time with a guest runner.  My best friend Steve is visiting me from DC and he joined me running 56th and 57th streets today.  It was a very beautiful day. Having him on the run, renewed my thinking a bit.  Some times I forget to enjoy my surroundings,  To look up and see the buildings, look out and see the views.  But since I was trying to show off my city and my running experience,  it was fun to notice small old buildings, we saw a cute little old church, we run into a nice park at the end of the street over looking the east river with a great view of the Queensboro Bridge.  I love NYC! 


Here's Steven's thoughts about joining me on my run: "Running outside in NYC with my best friend, inspired me and made me look forward to the future. It reminded me of what a strong person I am and how much life has in store." 




Time: 2pm
Distance: 5.71 miles
Time: 56:04
Music: Chatting with Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment