Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Run 23

It finally stopped raining/snowing/sleeting and my muscle soreness has weaned enough to hit the road again.  So I took off on a run today trying unsuccessfully not to get lost.  As I took my first few steps I realized I was very unprepared for this run.  First of all I forgot my knee strap.  Second, I didn't have my Nike+ running chip in my shoes, so this run will be undocumented, you will just have to take my word for it.
Running shoes are starting to become a thorn in my side.  I've now been through 2 pairs.  If I was running so much and so hard that I wore out 2 pairs in two months, that would be one thing.  BUT, instead they are just falling apart or being ruined by room mates, lol.  After returning from a crazy summer, where my old shoes became Hawaiian trail hiking shoes, I got a new pair at about the same time I started this blog.  They only lasted about a month and then a big chunk of the foam on the heel broke off.  I knew that couldn't be good for my feet or running posture, so I got a new pair.  After breaking in this new pair just in time for the race, I got them all muddy running the Urbanathlon.  I washed them after the race, and trying to be helpful my room mate threw them in the dryer.  Running shoes and dryers don't mix.  They are now melted and totally misshapen and deformed.  Hopefully the next pair last much longer.






Time: 10:30 am
Distance: 4.45 Miles
Time: 0:39:56 minutes
Music: Kelly Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment