Thursday, September 15, 2011

Run 8

I started off today by doing a one mile calibration run.  So from now on my distances should be more accurate.


It's easiest to run at night, late at night when less people are around, but that's not fair to only see NYC streets at night, so I will try to go jogging during the day too.  I picked the worst time to go.  I started running down 36th street at 4:10 pm, just as everyone was finishing up at work and starting to head out on the street.  I had a lot of extra stops because of people, cars and traffic lights.  The people taking smoke breaks still look at me funny, well maybe it's because I look at them funny too.  Our worlds are so far apart at the moment, even though we are just a foot or two from each other.


New Yorkers have a bad rap of being in a hurry.  While I was running I was thinking about time.  Running out of it,  using it wisely, and wondering where it all goes.  I am guilty of being a hurried New Yorker on the street, but also guilty of wasting way too much time on reality tv, lol.  I'm still searching for a happy medium, if I ever figure it out I'll let you know.


I was trying to find a funny joke or break down of hours in the day to leave you with.  But instead found a pretty good article about the NY Hustle.  


http://westsidespirit.com/2011/02/16/new-york-hustle/


Time: 4 pm
Distance: 5.1 Miles
Time: 43:53 Minutes
Music: Jennifer Hudson 

No comments:

Post a Comment