Thursday, September 29, 2011

Run 10 Where's 32nd St??

So far the routes I have taken were pretty straight forward, I haven't had too many detours or delays, until today.  So where is 32nd Street??  Many of you might think it's right in between 31st and 33rd streets, and yes, it is, but it's a little more complicated than that.  As I started out my run on the west side of Manhattan, on 12th Ave.  I tried to run down 32nd street.  But there was no 32nd street, instead there was a huge train storage area which is part of Penn Station.  I've been blocked before by Grand Central or the UN, etc.  so I knew I would just bypass that block and get back on track one avenue over.  So I run up 11th Ave and the trains were still in the way for another block, no 32nd street.  So I'll have to find my street down 10th ave, again no luck, this time blocked by a building.  That means it had to be down 9th ave, but as I rounded the corner I ran into the main NYC Post office, built right on top of my route.  At this point I felt like I was running in circles and lost.  One more time I looked down the next avenue, it had to be there, unless Madison Square Garden was in the way.  I finally rounded the corner of 7th Ave and for the first time caught sight of my destination the elusive 32nd Street. It only lasted a few blocks before I ran into NYC medical center and 32nd Street disappeared.


So far I have been pretty familiar with the areas I have been running on.  Moving forward we are going to start getting into unfamiliar territory.  This small section of 32nd Street was one of those area.  It was very diverse.  It quickly changed from a business district to Korean Town to residential and then was gone.  


The weather is starting to change, it's going to get cold before I know it.  So my goal is to run as much as I can in October, wish me luck.


Time: 1pm
Distance: 4.42 miles
Time: 45:10 Minutes
Music: The Band Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment