Saturday, September 3, 2011

Run 3

So I guess the neat thing about a daily(ish) blog, is that you catch the writer in different moods.  Today's run was quite different from the first two.  I'm a bit under the weather with annoying sinus congestion.  I tried to pay attention to NYC, since that is the theme of this blog.  I ran down the infamous 42nd St. today. It has a massive history, even musicals written about it.  I ran by Grand Central Station and the millions of people that enter and leave the city through it's doors everyday.  I passed the Chrystler Building, on both sides.  I finally got past the UN complex, but was still blocked from the river by FDR drive.  43rd Street ended in a 2 flight stair case, some thing you'd expect to see in San Francisco. I ran through times square yet again.  


But instead of the buildings, today my thoughts were more on the people and myself.  I was beginning my run at 9:30 on a Saturday night.  When most people were getting ready to go out.  There was no bar or dance club in my plans tonight, just a date with my running shoes and thoughts.  I have always been a little "different".  Never really quite fit into an mold that I'm supposed to.  Most of the time I'm proud of this fact, but every once in a while it's a thorn in my side.  Tonight as I was comparing myself to everyone else dressed up with things to do, places to go, and people to see, I started to get a little down.  I was listening to Jewel's newest album, Sweet and Wild.  I love all kinds of music. but at the end of the day, this girl is my soul mate (musically speaking). I connect so much with her songs.  Right as I began to feel a bit down and/or emotional, partly because of the cold.  This song came on.  





"You are what you are,  and what you are is beautiful"    
This album is full of jems, like Satisfied, Ten, As bad as it Gets, but tonight this one spoke to me and I wanted to share it with you.  I wont so much about it, hopefully the song speaks for it's self.


I made a shirt with the blog address on it, but I think the lettering was too small. I saw a few people try and read it, but not sure if they could, I'll try again.    See ya on 41St.


Time: 9:30 pm
Distance: 4.62 miles
Time: 42:35 Minutes
Music: Jewel- Sweet and Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment