Thursday, December 22, 2011

Run 39

Today's route was all about filling in missing gaps.  On a previous run I had missed a section of 69th street, so I started there.  I have also been running the upper west side in two directions, working north from 59th street and south from 96th street.  I had one little section that I needed to fill in to connect the two.  It was a short run, only 3 miles, that is why I'm trying to run streets in order, so that I don't skip areas or end up with little tidbits here and there.
While I was running one of my all time favorite songs came on.  It's been a while since I've shared any music with you.  Usually I'm very lyrically driven, but I love this song because of the melodies and music more than the words.  It's from a musical called The Wild Party. A single voice starts the song and then 3 others are slowly added.  When the 4 parts come together, they magically lay on top of each other creating a musical kaleidoscope.  Close you eyes and listen to it, twice.  Empty your mind and let the musical kaleidoscope take over.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.






Time: 5pm
Distance: 3.02 Miles
Time: 25:52 minutes
Music: The Wild Party  

No comments:

Post a Comment