Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Run 36 Variety 2

It truly is amazing, how much I am seeing as I go out running.  I've mentioned before, that if I was really going to do this blog as accurately as I'd like to. I would have to go on my run and then do the same route again snapping photographs and taking notes.  Well, I ended up doing a route that I felt was worthy of this type of treatment.  The run itself was only 6 miles and took 51 minutes.  But then the next day I went back and walked (about half) of the route and did a 2 hour photo shoot.  Since then I have been making photo collages, editing photos and not finally piecing it all together.  What was so special about this route was the enormous variety of neighborhoods and sights I saw, in just 51 minutes.  I'm not going to go in too much detail, I'm going to let the photos do the talking. 

I started the route on the corner of Broome Street and Lafayette Street.  This is right in the middle of a shopping district in SoHo.   


After leaving Soho, I found my self in a residential community in the east side.  Where I was met by a man standing on the street holding his Trombone.  He saw me running towards him and decided to play a charge for me (only in NYC).  After the residential area and a school,  I arrived at the Williamsburg Bridge and the East River.


I then turned around and followed Grand Street west, back through the residential area, but quickly found myself in the north end of Little Italy. 

And immediately in Chinatown as well.

After Chinatown I swung back through SoHo, and shortly later hit West Street and the Hudson River. 


After turning around I got detoured by the exit of the Holland tunnel.  Everyone one driving onto the island of Manhattan only has a few bridges and tunnels to get you here.  


I then ended my run on the cobblestone roads in the Meat-packing district. Old warehouses that are all being remodeled into shops, restaurants, apartments, etc.  Imaging seeing all this in less than an hour.  It was pretty amazing.  I feel like words can't describe it, even pictures don't quite do it justice, but I hope you get a sense of how neat this experience is.  Here's more random pics taking through out the route.    


I hope you enjoyed, good bye and "Good Lock"





Time: 3pm
Distance: 5.99 miles
Time: 51:15
Music: Evita 

No comments:

Post a Comment