Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Run 105 Yes, I said Snickers.. not sneakers


After work tonight I was determined to get a run in.  I was motivated and not going to miss another day of running.  I laced up and headed out.  According to my schedule, I only had to do 6 miles.  At this point, that is a piece of cake for me.  The first 4 miles went by, I was in the home stretch, when I noticed all the sudden how slow I was running, well below my normal pace.  My feet felt heavy and my body tired.  But I was 2/3 of the way done.  I was just going to hurry up and get it over with.  I keep running but something wasn’t right.  I began to think about my day and the events leading up so my run.  It was later at night then I thought it was and realized I hadn’t eaten in about 7 or 8 hours.  I’m not diabetic, so not sure exactly what low blood sugar feel like, but I’m pretty sure that is what was happening.  I only had one mile left and I would be back home, but I knew I wasn’t going to make it.  BUT, just as I came to that realization I looked over and saw the glow of a candy vending machine, like it was heaven sent.  I got my self a snickers, sat down near by and devoured it.  After my snicker break, I bounced back and was able to finish my last mile and get home.   




Time: 11 pm
Distance: 6.36 miles
Time: 52:01 minutes
Music: shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment