Monday, March 12, 2012

Run 50 Strange things

Living (and running) in NYC you see some pretty unusual things. Today's sighting topped the list for me. As I rounded the corner of 86th Street the street was blocked off to traffic.  As I got further down the block I came across hundreds of elementary students playing in the street.  The school closes off the street during recess and lets the kids play in the street.  Is this not crazy!  There's no playground equipment no sports field, just cement.  The kids were running around chasing each other, screaming, playing, having a grand old time, but I just can't imaging having recess with out a slide, monkey bars or a swing.  Also, isn't teaching the kids to playing in the street a bad idea?? 



Time: noon 
Distance: 6.44 miles
Time: 59:39
Music: i forget

No comments:

Post a Comment