Sunday, March 25, 2012

Run 54 Mixed emotions

Today's run was filled with mixed emotions.  It started off because I was supposed to be at work.  I got a call from my job, telling me that I wasn't needed that night and I could take the day off.  Glad to have the night off and worried about making enough money started the emotional mood swings.  So having an unexpected night off I decide I need to take advantage of it, to seize the day, be productive, conquer the world.  So I set off to go running.  I round the corner of 105th street along side Riverside park.  It's 15 minutes or so before sunset (again my favorite time of day).  The light is making the buildings glow and spring is decorating the city and park with blossoms.  The daffodils and tulips remind me of my mom.  I'm excited to see the beautiful scene, but it makes me annoyed with myself that I don't get out and see and do more things.  
I continue running, I'm listening to Christina Perri's Album.  I'm literally counting the miles that I run and a song comes on called "Miles" and it's main message is, "Don't count the miles, count the I love you's".   I wonder if I'm on the right path, literally and figuratively.  Now that I think about it, maybe this album had quite a bit to do with the emotional roller coaster I was on durning the run, with songs like Sad song, jar of hearts, and distance.  
Towards the end of the run, I turn the corner of 111th street, I'm slapped in the face with a beautiful view of the Cathedral of St John the Devine.   This is why I'm doing this.  






Time: 6:45 PM
Distance: 5.56 miles
Time: 45:18 minutes
Music: Christina Perri

No comments:

Post a Comment