Sunday, January 29, 2012

Run 45 Beauty

Because of many great reasons, mainly the flu and snow, It's been a while since I've been on a run.   I hit the road running today (literally).  It started out as a boring run.  I had no clue what I was going to blog about, but then I realized how beautiful everything around me was.  



beau·ty

 noun \ˈbyü-tē\
: the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : loveliness


I started running at 5pm, right after the sun set. If you know me,  I love a good sunset, but just as much, if not more I love twilight, no NOT the vampire movies, but the magically time right after the sun goes down, when there's still ambient light from the sun, the sky is crazy shades of blue and the city lights are slowly appearing.  


It was freezing cold, in middle of a concrete jungle, but my senses where definitely being pleased and my mind and spirit exalted.  It made me think about the word beauty as I ran.  Also about what I find beautiful, what other people find beautiful and how neat it is that beauty comes in so many shapes and sizes.  



Time: 5pm
Distance: 6.24 miles
Time: 55:49 minutes
Music: Jo Dee Messina 




No comments:

Post a Comment