Monday, January 9, 2012

Run 43 Accomplishment or not?

I love to watch the sun set. Today's run started just as the sun was going down. 


I ran the southern tip of Manhattan today.  Take a look at the map, I've been looking forward to this day for a long time.  I was really excited to get to the end, but I'm not sure the sense of accomplishment that I hoped for is there.  There are a few reasons I'm not as excited as I should be.  First, I had hoped to get here before the end of the year.  Second, I've been running streets that run east and west.  Down here streets are running in any direction they want, so I don't know if I've finished running where or how I was planning on running.  Third, I've come to realize that every area I have run has to be re-run but now north and south.  I still have a long way to run.  But don't worry I'm still excited and motivated to see it through.  When I started this, I don't think I realized how big of an undertaking it really was.  If I did, I'm not sure I would have started it.  I wasn't sure if I would really follow through, but not that I've come this far, I plan on going to the very end! 

Time: 4:30 pm
Distance: 6.17 miles
Time: 0:48:58
Music: No clue

No comments:

Post a Comment