Monday, January 16, 2012

Run 44

Part of the reason I'm doing this is to see more of NYC, to find new things that I didn't know existed.  As I ran east 60th street I did exactly that.  I looked up in the sky and saw a tram, a cable car running next to the Queensboro bridge.  I had never seen this, never heard of it, had no clue where it went, how much it cost, etc.  





So I went home and looked it up.  It is called the Roosevelt Island Tram.  It goes from 60th street and 2nd Avenue out to Roosevelt Island.  A few days later I grabbed a friend and we went on a ride.  It was only about a 3 minutes ride, but it was free! (well, not totally.  It costs the same as a subway ride.  An Unlimited ride metro card, which I already had, is valid and gets you on board) It's always nice to get up in the air and see things from a different angle.  It was neat looking north up 1st Ave from up above.  It also had great views of 60th street, the Queensboro Bridge and of course the East River.  Thanks to this adventure I keep discovering new things.  










Time: 2:30 pm
Distance: 7.01 Miles
Time: 1:04:10 minutes
Music: shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment