Monday, February 13, 2012

Run 47 One Block Streets

There's a small section downtown that has been bothering me.  As you know I've been running streets that run in and east/west direction, after I'm done with that I will go back and run the north/south avenues.  There's this small section where the streets run diagonal.  I can't decide which direction they run.  I have felt like my downtown section is incomplete, so I had to go run them, just to feel better about myself, to unburden my mind, lol.


When most people think of NYC streets, they think of Broadway, 42nd Street, 5th Avenue or Wall Street.     As I have been running I get a kick out of the small streets.  I've been wanting to write about them for a while now, but have been waiting for the right moment.  On this route I ended up heading down Mechanics Alley.  It is a one block street that is hiding under the Manhattan Bridge.  It is not even on the map.  On this street you would never guess that you were in the middle of NYC.  


So here's a few pictures of the little guys.  The unsung heroes that no one knows or cares about, but are still part of NYC.  I'll add photos to this album as time goes by and I find others.  







Time: 4pm
Distance: 4.89 miles
Time: 45:01 minutes
Music: Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment